After FINALLY getting approval for the upgrade we moved ahead with it. Updated 1 primary site and 25 secondary sites and reimaged a virtual PC in every site all with in about four hours. We had to schedule a down time for imaging or at least to be safe that is what we did. While I haven’t done alot of Configuration Manager upgrades, non of them ever went this smoothly.
The only part left to complete is the reporting services and deploying the patch to the clients. Deployed the patch to about 60 PC’s with no issues. So we will move on to deploy them to one site, ensure there are no issues and then push out the patch every where.
The next piece is collecting the power management results… Looking forward to being able report on power consumption, apply new power settings and report on the savings.
Will post more on reporting services and the power management in the near future.